TICO-XS by intoPIX
"We invented the ultimate codec to manage and transmit more pixels with lower power, low bandwidth, and lossless quality at the speed of light"
Engineered by intoPIX, TICO-XS is an evolution of TICO RDD35 offering more compression capabilities with an extremely small footprint in ASIC and FPGA and fast performances on CPU & GPU
intoPIX has made significant intellectual property development in lightweight low latency video compression, from inventing and standardizing the world’s smallest and fastest mezzanine compression technology TICO (SMPTE RDD35) supported by the TICO Alliance, to being the proponent and co-developer for creating the world first international ISO standard JPEG-XS technology addressing this matter.
The technology and associated products are covered by one or more claims of patents awarding intoPIX hard work and innovation. The new TICO-XS will gather momentum during this year.
Due to increasing resolutions (4K/8K), higher frame rates, 360° capture and higher quality pixels (e.g. HDR), all devices and infrastructures have to handle ever increasing data volumes. Whether virtual reality, gaming, live production, automotive or digital cinema workflows, JPEG-XS mezzanine codec standard can be applied wherever uncompressed video is currently used.
As a lightweight image coding system, it offers also line based latency with compression ratios from 2:1 to 6:1 (or even more) while maintaining lossless quality.
JPEG-XS is the first ISO standard (ISO/IEC 21112) designed for latency-critical applications offering lossless quality at low complexity.
- Low power consumption (through lightweight processing),
- Ultra low-latency in coding and decoding.
- Lossless picture quality
- Small size on chip
- Fast on software (CPU with the use of SIMD and GPU)
WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN REQUIRED BANDWIDTH & COST
- Low power consumption (through reasonable bandwidth interfaces)
- Longer cable runs
- Perfect fit for existing and new infrastructures
- More pixels at a reduced cost
(more resolutions, higher frame rates, higher bit depth)
- Latency critical AV over IP, KVM, Video Wall management
- Studio over IP, Live Production, Editing
- Move to IP and SMPTE 2110 workflows
- Display Connectivity & Interfaces and Mobile Devices
- Image Sensors & Cameras (HD,4K,8K,360, High Speed)
- Cable Extenders
- Wireless / Wired Connectivity
- Automotive, ADAS systems
- Machine Vision (cameras, frame grabber, extenders)
- Medical , Operating Rooms
- VR/AR system transmission
TICO-XS is the solution !
Support higher Data stream (HD, 4K, 8K …) in existing systems and infrastructures using the available pipeline bandwidth.
Enable the use of a lower link rate for applications where high link rates may not be possible
Increase the number of streams or the stream resolution that could be supported in a multi-stream configuration
Reduce the number of lanes in a display or sensor interface needed to transport a stream in order to save power, cost, or both.
Increase the storage or video buffer or frame buffer capacity with cost-effectiveness for applications where high link rates may not be possible
Discover our TICO-XS IP-cores and SDKs implementation (Coming Soon!)
- Various HD/4K/8K implementations and products are available today based on TICO SMPTE RDD35
- Many more TICO-XS IP-cores & SDKs will be released this year, including the new ISO/IEC 21112 JPEG-XS profiles, and new performance capabilities for FPGA, ASIC, CPU & GPU:
Tell us more about your needs
Xilinx FPGA & SoCs IPs
Spartan, Artix, Zynq, Kintex & Virtex
Intel FPGA & SoCs IPs
Cyclone, Arria & Stratix
Intel x86 CPU