JPEG 2000 Encoder / Decoder Board
The PRISTINE-2 achieves top level picture quality suitable for all audiovisual and imaging applications.
The PRISTINE accelerates JPEG 2000 encoding and decoding and supports a wide range of resolutions up to HD and 2K+. Embedded intoPIX technology allows both Mathematically and Visually Lossless compression providing the ultimate in pristine picture quality.
The PRISTINE-2 accepts very high frame rates: up to 60fps handling HD and 2K 3D stereoscopic content as well as several simultaneous streams.
Each PRISTINE can easily be reconfigured as encoder or decoder and also offers unprecedented connectivity. Standard I/Os displayPCI-Express (8 Lanes) and an optional 3G-SDI panel including 4 inputs and 4 outputs, also supporting HD-SDI and SD-SDI.
In short, the PRISTINE board meets the challenge of all high-demanding applications including Digital Cinema, Lossless Archiving, High Quality Broadcast Contribution, Digital Libraries, Aerospace and Geospace imaging, Document & Medical imaging.
- JPEG2000 compliant
- Encoder and Decoder switchable
- Up to mathematically lossless
- Video or files access (SDI or PCIe)
- Audio and Metadata management
- Command line & Graphical user interface
- DCI compliant for 2K
PRISTINE-2 offers HD 60p (3G) , 2K Cinema , HD 3D stereoscopic, file based mathematically lossless for HD and 2K and more.
- Digital Cinema (Acquisition, Postproduction, DCP)
- High End HD Contribution
- Lossless Archiving
- 3D stereoscopic HD and 2K
- Aerospace, Geospace
- Super High Vision, Ultra High Definition
- Document Imaging
- Theme Park and Museum Animation
- Arts and Cultural preservation
- Medical Imagery
- Video Surveillance and Monitoring
- Video Conferencing
- Remote Education
The PRISTINE board is composed of the following elements:
- One JPEG 2000 Encoder/Decoder.
- One PCI-Express (8 lanes) access.
- One De-Embedder / Embedder managing audio, timecode, metadata .
- One Serializer/ Deserializer handling parallel independent picture streams (e.g. 2 HD channels at 60 frames per second) or frame quadrants (e.g. for 4K or QuadHD images).
The PRISTINE P2 model is the second performant card amongst the PRISTINE familly. The performance are detailed according to :
Visually Lossless : Visual quality is constant over the stream such that no artifact is visually noticeable. This typically corresponds to a compression ratio of 8:1 (i.e. 250 Mb/s for 2K content 4:4:4 12bpp). The overall bit rate is variable (VBR – Variable Bit Rate). The 9/7 wavelet filter is used for the JPEG 2000 compression.
Capped Variable Bit rate: Constant quality is applied, but the variable bit rate is capped at a given maximum limit. The 9/7 wavelet filter is used for the JPEG 2000 compression.
Nearly Mathematically Lossless (NMLS): The 5/3 reversible wavelet transform is used and a maximum bit rate applied. This results in a mathematically lossless compression for most frames, except for a few for which the rate will be capped. Typical compression ratio is 3:1 to 5:1. The overall bit rate is also variable (VBR).
True Mathematically Lossless: The 5/3 reversible wavelet transform is applied without any maximum bit rate to provide bit-to-bit lossless compression of all frames. Typical compression ratio for natural images is 2:1 (4:1 for synthesis images).
- SDI Video link: 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI.
- PCIe Data File: PCI-Express (8 Lanes) file-based access. The performance level is expressed in frames per second for the highest resolution specified for each board version, whatever the nature of the content. Depending on the application, lower frame rates can be supported. In the specification tables, average frame rate is an indicative fps for usual content.
PCIe Data files
Nearly Mathematically Lossless
|True Mathematically Lossless|
|Resolution||Max sustained frames per second||Average frames per second|
|2K (2048 x 1080)||58||~20|
|2K+ (2048 x 1556)||41||~14|
|Max Bit Rate (Mbps)||Visually Lossless : 500 Mbps|| No Max Bit rate with
True Mathematically Lossless
|Nearly Math Lossless: 750 Mbps|
SDI Video Links
|Channel||Resolution||Max fps||Visually Lossless
Nearly Mathematically Lossless
|Max Bit Rate (Mbps)||Visually Lossless:
|Nearly Math Lossless:
SDI Panel (Option) :
- Video Formats :
|Resolutions||Color Sampling||Frame Rates|
720p : 1280x 720
|YCbCr 4:2:2 10bits||24p, 24p/1.001
50i, 60i, 60i/1.001
|XYZ / RGB / YCbCr 4:4:4 12bits||24p (x1 or x2)
|Image & Video Encoding/Decoding||
JPEG 2000 (ISO 15444-1)
- Decomposition levels: 1 to 6
- Quality layer : 1
- DCI compliant for 2k resolution
- Tiling: Single tile and multiple tiles capable (file only)
- Codeblock size : 32x32
- Progression Order: CPRL
Quality and Bit Rate Control
- Variable Bit Rate (VBR), Capped VBR
- SDI embedded audio: SMPTE 299M
Extensive command line for batch operations
Windows 7 / Vista / XP, Linux
Software Development Kit
The board comes with an intuitive command line interface for batch operations as well as a friendly graphical user interface.
To help exploit the full versatility of the PRISTINE board, an intuitive SDK is available and offers the following functionalities:
- Board Control : API (C/C++), Multiple board management, Workflow management
- I/O Data path set up : Uncompressed picture, Audio & metadata, Code stream.
- Processing set up: Encoding or Decoding configuration, Quality and bit rate control, Rescaling: 2K (HD) to 4K (QuadHD) upscaling and 4K (QuadHD) to 2K (HD) downscaling
The size of the panel is half-width and half-height of a 19 inches Rack Unit. 4 different panels can thus be placed in a single RU. Pannels are connected to the PRISTINE through 1m long Infiniband cable. The panel has 4inputs / 4 outputs , all 3G-SDI also supporting HD-SDI and SDI. No additional power supply is required for this panel.
IP Streaming Library (RTP)
intoPIX proposes an efficient software library and some reference codes for real-time streaming of JPEG2000 codestream and audio data over internet. It supports high image quality and resolution up to HD, HD3D and 4K