The new lightweight and disruptive video compression technology, Extremely tiny in ASIC & FPGA , Fast & Powerful in CPU
TICO compression is a disruptive visually lossless light-weight compression specifically designed for the industry. This revolutionary technology is extremely tiny in hardware (FPGA, ASIC) , fast and powerful in software (CPU), robust for real-time operation with no latency.
Up to now, image and video are sent or stored uncompressed into many displays and systems such as cameras videos servers or recorders. TICO is a smart upgrade path to manage higher resolutions (4K, 8K…) and frame rates while assuring visual quality, keeping power and bandwidth at a reasonable budget and reducing significantly the complexity and cost of the system.
TICO compression key features
TICO light-weight compression is a smart solution to :
- Support higher Data stream (HD, 4K, 8K …) in existing systems or networks using the available pipeline bandwidth.
- Increase the number of streams or the stream resolution that could be supported in a multi-stream configuration
- Reduce significantly the internal video bandwidth (and power consumption) in systems such as mobile devices, cameras, video servers and displays.
- Increase with cost-effectiveness the storage or video buffer or frame buffer capacity.
- Solve display link limitation on TV, monitor and mobile panel to carry larger resolutions than could be support by a display link with uncompressed images and video in real time.
- Reduce the number of lanes in a display interface needed to transport a display stream in order to save power, cost, or both. Or even enable the use of a lower link rate for applications where high link rates may not be possible
Typical applications from HD to 4K/8K Ultra HD:
- Digital Video Recorders
- Video Servers, mixers , routers and switchers
- Cameras (high-res, real-time or high speed)
- Video monitor and displays
- Frame grabbers and video capture devices
- Industrial and surveillance
- Cable extenders
Join the TICO Alliance and move to UHD4K over 3G-SDI & 10G IP networks
The growing consortium is a coalition of companies united to set the bar for next generation UHD/4K infrastructure by establishing TICO compression in the new IP-based Live ecosystem. The group will enable the industry to seamless update the existing SDI-based workflows to UHD/4K without the cost of a complete renewal.
|Back to TOP of page||Contact|