(The J2K-RAW IP-cores are in end-of-live, discover all our other JPEG 2000 Encoder/Decoder cores here and the TICO-RAW product to learn more about what we can achieve now in terms of RAW processing & compression.)
The J2K-RAW Encoder & Decoder IP-cores perfectly preserve the RAW output (Bayer pattern images) of Bayer-filter cameras with best-in-class JPEG 2000 compression. Offering a visually lossless quality, J2K-RAW also allows an automatic access to low-resolution previews thanks to the JPEG 2000 scalability.
With such a rapid evolution of available image resolution, the need for highly efficient image compression of RAW data is bigger than ever before. intoPIX offers a range of IP-cores that can address any resolutions of image sensors from HD up to 4K or even 8K.
The intoPIX JPEG 2000-RAW IP-cores go one step further in terms of image quality possibilities, maximizing video production capabilities. They achieve this by storing each of the sensor’s color channels separately, prior to conversion into a full color image, with an optimized and flexible rate allocation. Similar to a RAW file's advantages, it preserves the access to any demosaicing algorithms, the control over white balance, exposure and color grading in post-production.
Configurations for FPGA & ASIC
See hereunder a list of typical configurations:
|Reference IP cores (-enc or -dec)||Max Resolutions||Max Frame Rates||Color Sampling||Bit Depth||Max Bit Rate Range (Up to)|
|IPX-J2K-HD-60-RAW-12-500||2048x1080||60P||Raw RGGB||8, 10, 12|| 500Mbps|
|IPX-J2K-HD-120-RAW-12-500||2048x1080||120P||Raw RGGB||8, 10, 12||500Mbps|
|IPX-J2K-UHD4K-60-RAW-12-500|| 4096x2160||60P||Raw RGGB||8, 10, 12||500Mps|
|IPX-J2K-UHD4K-120-RAW-12-1000||4096x2160||120P||Raw RGGB||8, 10, 12||1Gbps|
|IPX-J2K-UHD8K-60-RAW-12-4000||8192x4320||60p||Raw RGGB||8, 10, 12||4Gbps|
Your needed configuration is not (exactly) here? Additional features? Higher resolutions? Want to get the exact IP-core resources details?
Related IPs & SDKs
- Multiport DDR Memory controllers IP-cores for FPGA optimal for JPEG2000 Encoder/Decoder IPs and other IPs
- MPEG2-TS Encap/Decapsulation IP-cores for JPEG2000 VSF TR01 (version 1 & version 2)
- Encryption / Crypto (AES, RSA, HMAC-SHA1, Watermarking interface ) FPGA IP-cores
- JPEG 2000 HD Encoder / Decoder IP-cores for FPGA & ASIC
- JPEG 2000 Digital Cinema Encoder/Decoder IP-cores for FPGA & ASIC
- JPEG 2000 UHDTV 4K/8K Encoder/Decoder IP-cores for FPGA & ASIC
- JPEG 2000 Mathematically Lossless (up to 16bit) Encoder / Decoder IP-cores for FPGA & ASIC