Unleash image sensor dataflows
Thanks to its innovative processing and coding, the full power of the image sensor is preserved while reducing the bandwidth and storage needs. It offers high image quality and the capability to manage high resolution, high frame rate and high dynamic range workflows. TICO-RAW is the world’s first codec that can offer compression efficiency with such low complexity on bayer patterns.
High quality RAW:
Perfect for human and machine vision
Less than 1 millisecond
Perfect RAW image quality
Compresses down to 1 bit per pixel
Supports image sensors up to 16 bit
Low power & complexity
Extremely low resource usage
Extremely low memory (SRAMs) usage
(no external DRAM usage)
From 1 to 100 megapixels
Includes embedded proxy
Where can TICO-RAW be implemented?
Where can TICO-RAW be implemented?
The best of RAW at LOWER BANDWIDTH & FASTER SPEED
- Ultra-Low-Power consumption: process and manage more pixels from the sensor.
- Support higher resolution, high frame rate and high dynamic range easily in the camera RAW workflows
- Reduce the bandwidth of memory in the image processing pipeline between RAW data and display data.
- Get the lowest latency ("pixel-line") transmission over network infrastructures.
- Efficiently decrease the stored RAW image data on the storage media (or get the same size as JPEG but with the full flexibility of RAW).
- Increase the editing, rendering, analytics speed and while retaining the sensor data needed for a complete control of the RAW processing pipeline.
Examples of typical operating bitrates
|SENSOR FORMATS||2 BITS PER PIXEL||1 BIT PER PIXEL|
|Width x height @ frames per second||Compressed stream (Mbit/s)||Compressed stream (Mbit/s)|
|1920 x 1080 @ 60fps||250 Mbps||125 Mbps|
|4096 x 2160 @ 60fps||1 Gbps||500 Mbps|
|3840 x 2160 @ 120fps||2 Gbps||1 Gbps|
|7680 x 4320 @ 60fps||4 Gbps||2 Gbps|
|BIT DEPTH||2 BPP||1 BPP|
|IMAGE|| Color format||CFA RGGB RAW (optional monochrome and 4:2:2 mode)|
|Bit depth||8 / 10 / 12 /16 bits per component|
|Resolution||Any up to 10.240 x 10.240 pixels|
|Frame rates||Any (depending on ASIC / FPGA IP-core or Developer SDK configuration)|
|PROCESSING||Quality||Near-lossless / visually lossless / lossy down to 1 bit per pixel (bpp)|
|Rate control|| Constant bitrate (CBR) operation (or capped VBR) , adjustable down to 0,5bpp (~10:1)|
|Latency||(Sub-) intra-frame: down to 0.1 millisecond|
|Proxy option||Downscaler in TICO-RAW decoder for fast analysis, proxy viewing, and editing|
Evaluation & implementation
The technology is extremely low-power and tiny in ASIC or FPGA, fast and powerful in CPU or GPU, and suitable for latency-critical environments.
Reference software for all products available. Contact us.
- low complexity- small footprint- ultra-low memory- low power (no external DDR)- various configurations
Platforms:- Intel or Xilinx FPGA- ASIC like TSMC 12, 16, 28, 40nm
Software development kits
- highly parallelized GPU SDK processing- real-time or faster than real-time- Intel compatible CPU SDK- (SSE 4.1 or newer)
Platforms:- GPU: Nvidia- CPU: x86-64 Intel
Based on all the features we are supporting, it is possible to provide custom versions to address your specific needs. Contact us for your own configuration.
ENCODER - DECODER
|Max. width||Max. fps||Color sampling||Bit depth||ASIC|
|IPX-TICO-RAW-UHD4K-Enc or -Dec||4096||120||CFA - RAW||8 / 10 / 12 / 14 / 16||✓||✓||✓|
|IPX-TICO-RAW-UHD8K-Enc or -Dec||8192||60||CFA - RAW||8 / 10 / 12 / 14 / 16||✓||✓||✓|
More information on TICO-RAW
Read the latest news about TICO-RAW on our blog, download press images and flyers,
or contact our compression experts for detailed product information.