The IPX-UDP receives UDP packets (including video/audio assets) on a gigabit Ethernet link. The MAC controller is based on the Tri-Mode MAC controller that is hard-coded from the Xilinx technology. intoPIX configures the MAC controller with a specific MAC address read from a dedicated register and also sets up the external PHY chip.
The protocol handler will manage the user UDP protocol. This handler is in charge of:
- receiving video/audio packets,
- verifying the integrity with IP and UDP checksum and Ethernet CRC,
- sending a response packet back for every n packets received.
If a packet is missing or corrupted, the UDP handler will reject all subsequent packets while waiting for a correct retransmission of its related n packet group.
- Reduced footprint
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet
- Highly integrated
- Resources for Intel or Xilinx FPGA can be provided on request